Social media is everywhere – and since there’s no escaping, you might as well learn to leverage it best for your personal brand! Now more than ever, employers are using social media to not only screen applicants, but hunt for potential candidates.
Therefore, be careful with words you wrote in twitter, message posted in Facebook or video downloaded to youtube, The Internet never forgets. Search engines crawl and index every last byte of information available on the Web. once a piece of information goes online, some digital echo of it is virtually guaranteed to persist on a server somewhere
#socmed, either Facebook, Linkedin or twitter by default become your #personalbrand, people just don’t think of it that way.
Whenever you posted ur status in FB or twits, you’ve created your own “lifestreaming” and will effect your own #personalbrand.
So how to leverage your #personalbrand in digital world , grow, multiply and reach critical mass ?
1. Create multiple streams about you. Use number of #socmed channels, FB, Twitter! LinkedIn, Flickr, etc to create image
2. Twitter is good media for daily communication, Linkedin for corporate networking, Slideshare to share your presentation, etc
3. Once you have number of #socmed media, now the challenge is how to manage and optimize them effectively
4. Each #socmed media has different function, you can use each of them to display your knowledge, credibility and influence
5. Follow the “right people” in twitter, Linkedin offer place to “hang out” with peers in common industry, show photo Flickr
6. “Think like a publisher”, how to lifestreaming and document your activities through different #socmed media
7. Be remarkable, be creatively and positively Different, why not be a “purple cow” among black and white cows according to sethgodin … different but genuine
8. And last, “be yourself” let your daily message build up your credibility, and your personality shine through
9. No worry about your language or how you write, people like Gary Vaynwrchuk was not good in writing but shine through his daily video wine blog
10. Personal Brand building is a lifetime journey, just relax and enjoy the ride