Memasuki tahun 2013 ternyata masih ada teman teman yang masih galau ayang yang bedain peran tim Marketing dan tim Sales, seringkali juga denger tim sales dan marketing rebut sendiri 🙂
lets discuss about how to build working relationship between #Sales & #Marketing
Too often a company’ #sales & #marketing group are out of sync , at worst, they’re rivals. Sometimes both #sales & #marketing literally undermining each other, exaggeration ? Sadly, we’ve seen it often
#Marketing people accuses #Sales never following direction and agreed strategy , “karepe dhewe” basa Jowo-e While #Sales people think #marketing only know theory & concept, doesn’t understand real market, create useless program or POSM
Why should #Sales & #marketing work together ? Can they really work together ?
I do believe good #marketing will enable sales, will make #sales life easier. Marketing draw strategy, provide weapon & Sales guys go out fighting the war
#Marketing draws customers attention, describe offer / benefits while Sales nurture relationship, build business case & execute transaction
Both #Sales and #marketing have to meet often and work like couple, require a lot of open communication, take & give but it’s worth the time. but….How sales and marketing can work together ?
1.Think #Sales as #Marketing’s customer : marketing team build weapon to help sales team win more revenue
2. Both #Sales #Marketing sit down together to discuss what POSM or communication tool needed. Don’t make material that Sales can’t / won’t use
3. Develop goals, objective & measurement metric together : #Sales & #marketing have to align expectation, what to achieve & how to. #marketing is the brain and #sales is the muscle. Run it simultan. If #Sales needs revenue, #marketing helps on promo or campaign while if marketing needs to launch new products, Sales must be ready &support
4. #Sales & #marketing have to syncronize product launch and sales cycle. Like it or not, #sales happen in cycle, big hit is normally come by end quarter, end semester, end year or just certain season Ex : if ur product is toys, then #Marketing have to prepare to launch 2 months before lebaran or christmas so sales can plan pipeline
5. both #Marketing & #Sales have to involve SCM to complete S&OP cycle (Sales, Operation Planning ) so everyone will be at same page
6. #Sales & #Marketing align on communication message and tools, get easy-to-digest format. good tools help Sales explain product in 10 min. when #marketing produce POSM, #Sales have to make sure complete deployment as per direction and agreed execution measurement